We would like to:
- develop students’ confidence and competence in communicating through English both inside and outside the school;
- provide an interesting and authentic learning environment for students through lessons, activities and visits; and
- develop students’ interest in reading which helps them to be life-long learners.
- empower students to take ownership of their learning process through self-directed learning
- The Learning Objectives set out more explicitly what students are to learn and use at Key Stage 1 and 2. They cover language forms and communicative functions, language skills, language development strategies, attitude specific to English Language learning, generic skills, and positive values and attitudes. This provides students with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as for personal and intellectual development.
- Formal teaching is just one way of encouraging students to become lifelong learners. To bring language learning to the next level, different electronic platforms and applications are incorporated into our regular learning and teaching activities. Our writing curriculum is specially designed to cover a wide variety of text types across all levels. We also make language learning fun through various English activity clubs like English Club, Drama Club and Debate Team. Competitions and performances are arranged to allow them with more exposure outside the school.
- Each year, we take an active part in the Speech Festival. We have an English choral speaking team and students from different levels are invited to join the solo-verse speaking competition in order to develop our students’ skills and confidence in public speaking.