Motto, Mission & Goals
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
The School is managed by the St. Paul’s College Council which is a body incorporated by special ordinance. The mission of the School as stated in the ordinance is: the offering to Hong Kong youths of a modern, liberal education founded upon Christian principles, Protestant and Evangelical, as professed by the Sheng Kung Hui.
The goals of education pursued in accordance with its mission are:
- To cultivate a healthy attitude to life and the world and to expose students to the Christian message.
- To inculcate civic awareness in students and to develop them into responsible and useful citizens of community with respect for intellectual property, human rights, freedom and justice.
- To enable students to develop their intellectual potential fully, to think logically and creatively, to study and solve problems independently, and to communicate effectively in English and Chinese.
- To develop students' skills and abilities in Information Technology and to arouse the interest in life-long learning.
- To develop students' physical and musical skills and abilities and to encourage enjoyment in sports and music.
- To encourage the appreciation of the arts and development of artistic talents and skills.
- To promote respect for the views and opinions of others, harmonious relationships in school, the family and the community, and participation in community affairs.
- To develop in students the ability to cope with adverse situations and emotional problems.